Throughout my Master's degree, I've learned of several educational technologies that I believe can be useful in the classroom. In an effort to share these gems I will post my own two cents with a video or summary of the technology.

Resume Video on YouTube


Recently I was mentioned in the Infinite Thinking Machine's twitter feed (check out @itmshow on twitter). My resume video was featured, and ITM said, "Great tutorial for how to create a #resume for HS students by @stephuren," so I thought I'd share it here too!

Here's my "How to Create a Resume" video, aimed at teaching high school students how to create a simple and effective resume. It's fairly fast-paced, but the purpose is to resource students with this video and encourage them to watch, pause, and create. I expect students to pause this video and/or re-watch pieces several times as they create thier resume in class or at home.


Please feel free to show this video in your own classroom, and leave a comment about how it went!

Note: If you're an English teacher in California, know that this video can be used in eleventh and twelfth grade to accomplish the Writing Applications state standard (2.5) that requires students to write a job application or resume.