Throughout my Master's degree, I've learned of several educational technologies that I believe can be useful in the classroom. In an effort to share these gems I will post my own two cents with a video or summary of the technology.

nearpod

My first experience with NearPod was as a student of course. My friend and professor was showing NearPod to us in our Video Editing for the Classroom course. He explained photography principles by displaying sample photos and having students identify (via drawing) the focal point of the images.

What I like about this handy iPad app is how the teacher can control what students are viewing and monitor students through viewing their iPad actions, but students can also interact with the information being "projected" to them. If you don't fully grasp the function of NearPod, it seems to be just as useful as that old slide-projector or over-head projector that you're hoping to store in your school's utility closest and never see again. But if this is your perception, oh how wrong you are. You can present information through slides, it's true, but students can also answer quiz questions or draw examples, and then you can view them or project them for all the others to see! It's interactive multimedia!